Who we are:
West Salisbury Foundry and Machine Company is the premier manufacturer of iron castings for extreme heat, wear resistant applications, and machinable castings. Since 1882 we have been producing cost competitive, consistent, high-quality castings delivered on time with the ability to fulfill needs and solve problems. Our team members are committed to continuing a long tradition of exception quality and customer service.
What you will be doing:
You will be an integral part of our shipping and receiving team by ensuring that all shipments meet quality standard and are delivered to our customers in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for working with our sister operations in Pittsburgh to coordinate internal transfers of cast parts and pattern equipment. The Warehouse Associate position will be specifically responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing all orders for shipping and ensuring the quality and quantity of the orders.
- Managing all orders to guarantee timely shipping.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of patterns and core boxes and coordinating the transfer of this pattern equipment between plants as necessary.
- Organizing and staging orders in our warehouse and maintaining a clean and organized warehouse to maximize productivity.
- Inventory all supplies and reorder supplies when needed.
- Updating managers on the status of shipments and deliveries.
- Assisting the customer service department address questions and issues about customer orders.
- Operating forklift and other equipment to safely move large items around the warehouse.
- Assisting delivery drivers load orders.
What we look for in a team member:
- To be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- To be certified to drive a fork lift.
- To be proficient in all Microsoft products, especially excel.
- The ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize to maintain a clean, safe and productive work environment.
- The ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- The ability to work in a collaborative team environment, respecting and exemplifying our core values
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, on a regular basis, in a safe and effective manner.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and to stoop, bend, kneel, reach, push and pull on a regular basis.
- The commitment to exemplify our “P.A.R.T.S.” Values in all that you do in the workplace.
- The drive to ensure your own safety and the safety of our team members
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Location/Region: West Salisbury, PA (15565)